Tips For Success In An Online Degree Program
Finding time for education can be challenging, especially when you’re balancing a job, family life, involvement in your community, and more. That’s why so many students choose Eastern International College’s online bachelor degree completion programs in health leadership RN to BSN and dental hygiene. Without rigid class schedules and campus visits, these programs make it simpler to earn a bachelor’s degree in just 16 months. Yet online learning has its own demands, and you’ll need to stay on top of your studies to find success. To do just that, check out a few of our best tips for successful online bachelor degree program completion.
Getting Ready for Classes
It’s an old saying but a good one – when you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. As you look forward to starting classes, take a few simple steps to make sure you’re ready for success.
- Create a dedicated work area. It’s important to have a spot where you can focus without distractions or interruptions. If you can’t create a dedicated home office, consider a corner of your bedroom, your station at work, or even a desk at the local library.
- Know the requirements. Students in our online degree completion programs must have previously earned an associate’s degree in several fields and meet other requirements. Check out the admission requirements and make sure you meet them before planning your course of study.
- Degrees prospects must have for acceptance
- BS in DH Completion Program: Graduate of an Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene from a college/university accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- BS in Health Leadership Completion Program : An Associate degree in a health-related program or allied health field from an accredited institution
- BS in RN to BSN Completion Program : Graduate of an Associate degree in Nursing from a school accredited by the Department of Education
Using Time Wisely
You have a lot on your plate, and earning your degree will only increase your to-do list. That’s why careful time management is the best way to stay on track. A few ways to do this include:
- Review your schedule. Don’t take anything for granted when it comes to your days. Instead, make a detailed schedule of all your daily, weekly, and monthly commitments. This will make sure nothing falls through the cracks and help you find pockets of time you didn’t know you had.
- Let loved ones help. Your friends and family are proud to see you pursue a degree, and you should never hesitate to ask for their support. If having your spouse handle the kids’ sports practices or letting little ones take on more responsibility for chores will give you more time for studying, speak up – you’ll be glad you did.
Keeping track of assignments, exams, work commitments, and more is no easy task, but it’s one you’ll have to master if you want to succeed in online learning. Here’s how.
- Ask questions. If you’re not sure what needs to be done or when an assignment is due, contact your instructor. They’re happy to help so you can get back on track and feel confident in your coursework.
- Set manageable goals. Instead of only thinking about due dates and deadlines, break every task into smaller goals. This will prompt you to work on assignments and ensure you have ample time to complete them. Plus, seeing your progress will motivate you to keep working.
Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree Online
Online study is a great way to complete your bachelor’s degree, and you’ll be on your way to doing so in no time with the right outlook. If you’re interested in our online Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene ,Bachelor of Science in Health Leadership or our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) degree completion programs, contact Eastern International College to request more information. Ready to get started now? Apply online today.