Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program, BSN
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program (BSN)
- Proof of Identification (State-issued or passport)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Citizenship or Legal Status
- Minimum high school Diploma or recognized equivalency certificate (GED)
- Complete Admissions Process
- Take the Health Education Systems Incorporated A2 (HESI-A2) exam with a minimum composite score of 70% in the. The composite score is the combination of scores in all sections of the HESI.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.00 for internal and external transfer students (Effective Fall 2022).
- The validity of the HESI is one year and must be taken in EIC. A change in the HESI coverage may invalidate a previously taken one. A student is allowed to take the HESI two times within a year. The second attempt is taken at least three weeks after the first attempt.
The following steps must be taken to complete the admissions process for the BSN Program:
- Admissions Application
Complete and submit the official admissions application. Any fraudulent response in the application form will result in automatic disqualification, acceptance will be revoked, and dismissal from the Program.
- High School Diploma or GED
Along with the application, present a copy of the applicant’s high school diploma/transcript, or have the applicant’s high school send a copy of their diploma or official transcript directly to Eastern International College.
Recipients of a State Equivalency Diploma (GED) must submit a copy of the transcript of their test results with the application. Applicants whose secondary education was in a country outside the United States must obtain written official evaluation of transcripts showing equivalency from their native country, using an approved evaluating company, such as World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Official electronic transcripts (e -transcripts) are accepted.
- Entrance Examination-Health Education Systems Incorporated A2 (HESI-A2)
The Elsevier HESI Admission Assessment Examination (A2) for registered nursing education programs will be used to assess student competencies in the areas measured by the test as these will allow an evaluation of student readiness for entry into the nursing program and the likelihood of student success throughout the program. The entire exam must be taken in a single session; a 70% composite score is the minimum requirement for admission. Higher percent scores will be given preference in the admissions process.
The HESI exam score validity is one year and must be taken in EIC (Effective August 1, 2022)
A $60.00 fee is charged for the HESI-A2. This is paid by the applicant prior to enrollment.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.00 for internal and external transfers. If there are more than one transcript of records, the last school attended will be the basis for this GPA requirement (Effective Fall 2022)
- Proof of Citizenship/Legal Status
Submit documentation to show legal status if not a citizen of the United States.
- Certified verification of a negative criminal background check through Castle Branch.
- Drug Screen- Students must undergo drug screening that verifies negative results.
A student who failed a nursing course or was dismissed from another nursing school within the last 10 years will NOT be accepted in the Nursing program. Due to the cohort nature of the Nursing Programs, no ADN student will be allowed to transfer to the BSN Program or BSN to the ADN Program (Effective Spring 2023)