Eastern International College’s BSN degree program prepares graduates to assume nursing positions in a variety of settings within the health care delivery system and to provide nursing care collaboratively with other health care professionals.
Eastern International College’s BSN pre-licensure degree program is approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and prepares students to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The General Education and major nursing courses are integrated throughout the curriculum. They provide the competencies necessary for critical thinking; effective communication; scientific and evidence-based decision-making, clinical judgment, and practice; and cultural sensitivity to provide care to diverse populations across the lifespan.
program learning outcomes
Upon completion, the graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing will:
- Synthesize knowledge gained from comprehensive and focused assessment findings to accurate clinical judgments and decision making.
- Incorporate evidence-based knowledge and critical thinking into culturally appropriate promotion of health and the prevention of illness or complications for individuals.
- Use patient care technologies and information systems in the delivery of patient care to optimize patient outcomes.
- Incorporate ethical, legislative, and professional concepts into patient care with an emphasis on patient advocacy.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, individuals, families, and communities to provide safe and culturally sensitive nursing care.
- Incorporate leadership concepts and quality improvement approaches in professional practice and measurement of patient and nursing outcomes.
- Engage in self-directed, life-long learning.
General Education Coursework
English Composition I
English Composition II
Early American Literature
Scientific and Technical Writing
Anatomy and Physiology I
Anatomy and Physiology II
Fundamentals of Statistics
General/ Organic/ Biochemistry
Women and Health
Total General Education Credits
program major courses
Introduction to Professional Nursing
Adult Health I
Adult Health II
Mental Health Nursing
Population-Centered Health Care in the Community
Nursing Care of Geriatric Patients
Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice
Leadership in Nursing
Professional Nursing Capstone
Total Program Major Credits
Total Program Credits
Total Program Credits = 120 Semester Credits
CVT Cardiovascular Technology
BIO Biological Science