Institutional Scholarships (Effective Spring 2023)
Eastern International College offers two merit-based scholarships. Students must be enrolled in a degree program at the College to qualify. Eligibility criteria are listed for each scholarship, with additional details below.
This is applicable for earned semester and cumulative GPA in the Fall 2022 semester
The Founder’s Scholarship is open to students of Eastern International College enrolled in a campus-based program. The scholarship is academically based with the following criteria:
Students with an earned Semester GPA of 3.80 – 4.0 and a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or better will be awarded a scholarship of $350.00 applied to their next semester.
Alumni Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship
The Alumni Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship is open to all graduates of Eastern International College or Micro Tech Training Center enrolling in a Bachelor’s of Science degree program at the College.
- Students must be enrolled full-time for the initial semester.
- For subsequent semesters of the program, the student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater
- Amount of the award is $500.00 per semester for students enrolled in on-campus programs, $250.00 for students enrolled in online programs
- For the Alumni Scholarship, a cumulative GPA is determined for semesters and courses taken at EIC after enrollment in the bachelors program. No transfer credits or prior credits will be used to calculate a cumulative GPA.
Additional Scholarship Details (applicable to all Institutional Scholarships)
- Students must be enrolled full time during the earning semester, and awards will be disbursed during the subsequent (awarding) semester. Students must be enrolled in at least one course to receive the funds during the awarding semester.
- The definition of full time student is a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Students will receive an initial award letter upon registration. A revised award letter will be issued if a student qualifies for the scholarship. Students will be notified via their College email account.
- Students are eligible for only one institutional scholarship per semester. Awards will be determined after all final grades are submitted and the semester GPA calculated.
- Scholarships may impact the student’s other grants, scholarships, and loans. The campus financial aid office will review the details on an individual basis.
- Any documented behavioral probation or suspension disqualifies the student.
- Failure to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and complete coursework within the allotted time frame will count the student as ineligible.
- Attempted credits must be completed during the semester. A student who withdraws from a class will be considered ineligible.
- Summer non-enrollment will not affect the subsequent Fall semester’s award.
The application for financial aid funds does not end at the College. Students are strongly encouraged to seek outside scholarship funds. The following do not represent the entirety of scholarships available to students, and should be used as a starting point in the search for additional aid.
Search 1.5 million scholarships worth more than $3.4 billion with Fastweb!