BS in RN to BSN Completion Program
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) Completion Program is designed for registered nurses who want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The curriculum provides opportunities for a nurse to develop critical thinking skills, cultural communication competence, decision-making skills, evidence-based practice, leadership skills, and incorporate research in practice and patient advocacy. The curriculum contains 36 quarter credits of levels 300 and 400 General Education courses and 54 quarter credits of nursing courses.
program learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Utilize the nursing process, critical thinking, and principles of advocacy as tools to make culturally-sensitive client-centered clinical decisions in all health care settings.
- Collaborate with clients and other members of the health care team using effective communication in the planning, coordination and provision of competent care.
- Integrate the concepts of Orem’s Self Care Deficit Theory into nursing practice.
- Promote client and staff safety utilizing the process of quality improvement based on evidence- based practice.
- Use information and technology for communication, knowledge development, professional development and clinical-decision making.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors and professionalism when providing care to clients across the lifespan in all care settings.
- Integrate legal, ethical, and professional standards into nursing practice.
General Education Coursework
Research Design and Writing
Basic Statistics and Microsoft Excel Applications
Women and Health
program major courses
|Course Number||Course title||Quarter Credits|
|NUR 301||Health Promotions||6.0|
|NUR 302||Nursing Informatics||6.0|
|NUR 303||Population-Centered Healthcare in the Community||6.0|
|NUR 306||Advanced Health Assessment||6.0|
|NUR 307||Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice||6.0|
|NUR 406||Leadership in Nursing||6.0|
|NUR 407||Health Policy||6.0|
|NUR 409||Inter-Professional Collaboration in Healthcare||6.0|
|NUR 410||Nursing Excellence: Focus on Innovation (Capstone)||6.0|
Total Program Credits (after 90 quarter credits transfer)= 90 quarter credits
Length of Program: 16 Months(70 weeks) Note: The intersession weeks between quarters are not included.
ADMISSIONSEntrance into the Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion Program (RN to BSN) requires the following criteria:
- Completion of an Associate degree in Nursing from a school accredited by the Department of Education.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (on a 4.00 scale) is required.
- Complete Admissions Process
- Completion of self assessment technology survey
- RN License