BS in RN to BSN Completion Program
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) Completion Program is designed for registered nurses who want to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The curriculum provides opportunities for a nurse to develop critical thinking skills, cultural communication competence, decision-making skills, evidence-based practice, leadership skills, and incorporate research in practice and patient advocacy. The curriculum contains 36 quarter credits of levels 300 and 400 General Education courses and 54 quarter credits of nursing courses.
program learning outcomes
Upon completion of the program, the student can
- Use theories of leadership and organizational behavior to define management practices in multicultural healthcare settings.
- Explore the impact of interprofessional collaborative practice and the evidence base that supports its effectiveness in achieving healthcare outcomes and innovations.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data for evidence-based decision-making leading to continuous quality improvement in the delivery of safe, efficient, and cost-effective patient care, and the evaluation of patient care outcomes.
- Discuss the impact of healthcare policy and politics on the quality of patient care and delivery of other healthcare-related services.
- Apply public health and community health nursing concepts in addressing community healthcare disparities, health education, population health goals, and the role of the nurse in the community.
- Explain the impact of technology and informatics on the delivery of efficient and cost-effective healthcare services and patient care outcomes.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills in health assessments on clients across the lifespan.
General Education Coursework
Research Design and Writing
Basic Statistics and Microsoft Excel Applications
Women and Health
program major courses
|Population-Centered Healthcare in the Community
|Advanced Health Assessment
|Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice
|Leadership in Nursing
|Inter-Professional Collaboration in Healthcare
|Nursing Excellence: Focus on Innovation (Capstone)
Total Program Credits (after 90 quarter credits transfer)= 90 quarter credits
Length of Program: 16 Months(70 weeks) Note: The intersession weeks between quarters are not included.
ADMISSIONSEntrance into the Online Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion Program (RN to BSN) requires the following criteria:
- Completion of an Associate degree in Nursing from a school accredited by the Department of Education.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better (on a 4.00 scale) is required.
- Complete Admissions Process
- Completion of self assessment technology survey
- RN License