Careers at Eastern International College
Eastern International College (EIC), a small allied health and nursing college located in Jersey City is seeking full-time and part-time (adjunct) faculty for both campuses.
- Earned Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an accredited institution. Preference will be given to applicants with terminal degrees
- Current unencumbered NJ RN license
- At least Four (4) years of verifiable clinical/bedside work experience (teaching experience does not qualify as clinical or bedside experience). Applicants must conform with EIC’s employment verification (EV) system.
- Those with college teaching experience will be given preference
Faculty members are expected to prepare for and meet their teaching responsibilities for every class. Specifically, the faculty participates in planning and implementing the educational program and directs learning activities by: ensuring that course learning outcomes objectives and content are written and outlined to reflect the philosophy, organizing framework, and level objectives; utilizing varied teaching strategies; assisting students to apply the organizing framework to nursing practice; assisting students to apply nursing theories and principles to nursing practice; reviewing audio-visuals and literary resources for use in the educational program; conducting formal classes and supervising clinical experiences as assigned; assisting in the preparation and implementation of classroom and clinical schedules; evaluating effectiveness of own-instruction; using knowledge gained from student and peer evaluations in planning of subsequent learning experiences; fulfilling College faculty responsibilities; adhering to the policies of the College and Nursing Department.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Faculty members serve as student academic advisors and are expected to meet with each assigned student advisee.
- Faculty members work in classrooms, offices, labs and related venues to accomplish educational and research activities.
- Each faculty member is expected to attend and participate in program and College meetings. Part-time faculty are encouraged to attend meetings but not required.
- A faculty member may be assigned additional duties at the discretion of the Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Communicate with students, staff and colleagues.
- Read academic texts and materials, student papers, etc.
- Operate personal computer and audio-visual equipment.
- Stand or sit for up to one to three hours at a time.
- Other requirements as specified by job description.
- Each faculty member is expected to stay current in his/her field.
- University/Community Service
- Each full time faculty member participates in activities relating to College programs, courses, governance, etc., or community activities which contribute to the growth and development of students, the College and the community.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Eastern Internaitonal College is seeking applications for adjunct teaching positions in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) for its Jersey City and Belleville Campuses. The qualified applicant must possess the following qualifications:
1. Master’s degree (or higher) and has RDMS (Abdomen and OB/GYNE), RDCS, or RVT certifications by the ARDMS or CCI. Priority will be given to applicants who hold more than one certification.
2. Verifiable four (4) years of practical experience in the field of sonography
3. Knows how to utilize instructional technology to enhance lectures and presentations
4. Very good written and oral communication skills
5. Teaching experience in the college level
6. Must attend a faculty orientation and be willing to be trained for online teaching
To apply complete the form and submit your resume or curriculum curriculum vitae.